Thursday, March 4, 2010

script

Ok, so I like Rachel's idea of two students

First draft:

N Welcome to Menagerie Primary School. Today the students are taking a test after their zoo experience last week.
Meet Dave. He's a (describe student here. This lets us set up any kind of students we need for this roleplay to work. You know, smart but disruptive, home life whatever, etc...)
Meet Rachel. She's a (describe student here)
What else do we need the narrator to say at this point?

D whispers to Rachel

R whispers to Dave
D whispers to Rachel
They giggle
Teacher notices
T: Dave! Your name is already on the board twice. Do you want to make me send you to the principal? This is a test and there is to be no talking!
D and R look quickly down and scribble for a bit.
R nudges D
D shakes his head
R nudges him again
D considers, turns to audience, turns back and shakes his head
R draws him a little picture and slides it over
D laughs
T: DAVE! That's it, I'm sick of your behaviour today. I don't know what's gotten into you. Collect your things and march straight to the principal's office.
Dave stands up
D: No! You can't make me go, you can't make me do anything at all. It's not just me! Rachel was doing it too! It's not fair, you never pick on her. No WAY am I going. So there!
D sits back down, looking furious. Well, as furious as a monkey puppet can.
.
.
.

So this is where the three scenes come in.
What kind of stuff were you guys envisioning for the narrator to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment